A Clojure trace tool. Defines tracing macros/fns to help you see what your code is doing.
Formerly known as clojure.contrib.trace.
Releases and Dependency Information
Latest stable release: 0.7.1
Leiningen dependency information:
Maven dependency information:
<dependency> <groupId>org.clojure</groupId> <artifactId>tools.trace</artifactId> <version>0.7.2</version> </dependency>
(trace (* 2 3)) ;; To trace a value
(trace tag (* 2 3)) ;; To trace a value and assign a trace tag
(deftrace fubar x v) ;; To trace a function call and its return value
(trace-form (/ 1 0)) ;; To trace exceptions thrown within a form
(trace-forms (+ 1 3) (* 5 6) (/ 1 0))
(trace-ns myown.namespace) ;; To trace/untrace all fns in a name space (untrace-ns myown.namespace)
(trace-vars myown.namespace/fubar) ;; To trace/untrace specific fns (untrace-vars myown.namespace/fubar)
Release 0.7.3 March 4, 2012: Luc Préfontaine
- added macro wrappers around fns allowing dynamic tracing.
Release 0.7.2 Feb. 20, 2012: Luc Préfontaine
- added contribution from Michał Marczyk and Don Jackson to allow dynamic tracing of fn vars and all fns in a given namespace.
- Release 0.7.1 on 2011-09-18
- moved it to new contrib modular struct
- made it 1.2/1.3 compliant
- supported doc strings
- added a trace-form macro, from Jonathan Fischer
- Changes from clojure.trace
- replaced trace-out with tracer
- made trace a function instead of a macro (suggestion from Stuart Halloway)
- added trace-fn-call
Copyright and License
Copyright (c) Stuart Sierra, Michel Salim, Luc Préfontaine, Jonathan Fischer Friberg, Michał Marczyk, 2011-2012. All rights reserved. The use and distribution terms for this software are covered by the Eclipse Public License 1.0 (http://opensource.org/licenses/eclipse-1.0.php) which can be found in the file epl-v10.html at the root of this distribution. By using this software in any fashion, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this license. You must not remove this notice, or any other, from this software.