Project showing discovery and using UDP calls for the Mi-Lights WiFi LEDs.
The Mi-Lights are inexpensive RGB light bulbs ($14 / piece) that behave similar to the Phillips Hue and other WiFi bulbs. These bulbs are controlled over a radio network. There is a WiFi unit that bridges the radio network to the bulbs. The WiFi unit is simply controlled using UDP broadcast messages. The messages are listed on the LimitLess LED developer site.
This project was done in C# and includes a simple test app and a console app.
- WiFi connector/bridge discovery
- Setting colors of lights
- Setting brightness of lights
- Animating lights (it's limited, the lights turn white on every change)
- Add support for multiple WiFi boxes
- Determine optimal light change settings
- Add more modes