GHUnit is deprecated and not actively maintained! Use
GHUnit is a test framework for Mac OS X and iOS. It can be used standalone or with other testing frameworks like SenTestingKit or GTM.
If you need support for asynchronous tests you might want to check out GRUnit which is a recent fork of this project.
- Run tests, breakpoint and interact directly with the Xcode Debugger.
- Run from the command line or via a Makefile.
- Run tests in parallel.
- Allow testing of UI components.
- Capture and display test metrics.
- Search and filter tests by keywords.
- View logging by test case.
- Show stack traces and useful debugging information.
- Include as a framework in your projects
- Determine whether views have changed (UI verification)
- Quickly approve and record view changes
- View image diff to see where views have changed
Install the GHUnit gem
$ gem install ghunit
Install the Tests target
This will edit your ProjectName.xcodeproj file and create a Tests target, scheme, and a sample test file.
$ ghunit install -n ProjectName
Add the Tests target to your Podfile
Create a new file named
Podfile in the directory that contains the your
.xcodeproj file, or edit it if it already exists.
# Podfile platform :ios, '6.0' target :Tests do pod 'GHUnit', '~> 0.5.9' end
Install your project's pods. CocoaPods will then download and configure the required libraries for your project:
$ pod install
Note: If you don't have a Tests target in your project, you will get an error: "[!] Unable to find a target named Tests". If you named your test target something different, such as "ProjectTests" then the Podfile target line should look like:
target :ProjectTests do instead.
You should use the
.xcworkspace file to work on your project:
$ open ProjectName.xcworkspace
Install Command Line
$ ghunit install_cli -n ProjectName
Install ios-sim using homebrew:
$ brew install ios-sim
Now you can run tests from the command line:
$ ghunit run -n ProjectName
Add a test
To generate a test in your test target with name SampleTest:
$ ghunit add -n ProjectName -f SampleTest
Install (From Source)
cd Project-iOS && make
GHUnitIOS.framework to your project
cd Project-MacOSX && make
GHUnit.framework to your project
- How to install, create and run tests
- Online documentation
- Google Group (Deprecated - Use Github Issues instead)