HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
Clone this wiki locally
lshell is a shell coded in Python, that lets you restrict a user's environment to limited sets of commands, choose to enable/disable any command over SSH (e.g. SCP, SFTP, rsync, etc.), log user's commands, implement timing restriction, and more.
- Current lshell version: 0.9.16
- You can download the latest version:
- Installation - Installation description
- Configuration - Configuration description
- Todo - TODO list
- Usage - Usage description
- Use case - Description of a use case
- Ossec Integration - Monitor Lshell logs with Ossec
- Changelog - Complete changelog
- RPMBuild - Building your own RPM from the source tar.gz
If you want to contribute to this project, please do not hesitate. You can:
- report a bug, please refer to the bug tracker here: https://github.com/ghantoos/lshell/issues.
- send me an email at <>
Limited Shell (lshell) is licensed under GNU General Public License (GPL).
All contributions (including questions) are more than welcome.
Check out the code from the https://github.com/ghantoos/lshell
And send me a patch. ;)
- 2012-03-15 lshell-0.9.16 released. https://github.com/ghantoos/lshell/blob/0.9.16/CHANGES
- 2012-03-15 lshell-0.9.15.1 released.
- 2012-03-13 lshell-0.9.15 released (security issue fixed above).
- 2010-05-04 lshell-0.9.14 released.
- 2010-05-04 lshell-0.9.13 released.
- 2010-05-04 lshell-0.9.12 released.
- 2010-05-04 lshell-0.9.11 released.
- 2010-03-08 lshell-0.9.10 released.
- 2010-03-07 lshell-0.9.9 released. (chose version 0.9.10 over this one)
- 2009-11-30 lshell-0.9.8 released.
- 2009-11-25 lshell-0.9.7 released (Warning: bugged version).
- 2009-09-09 lshell-0.9.6 released.
- 2009-07-28 lshell-0.9.5 released.
- 2009-06-09 lshell-0.9.4 released.
- 2009-04-13 lshell-0.9.3 released.
- 2009-04-05 lshell-0.9.2 released.
- 2009-03-25 lshell-0.9.1 released.
- 2009-03-09 lshell-0.9.0 released.