The Haskeline library provides a user interface for line input in command-line programs. This library is similar in purpose to readline, but since it is written in Haskell it is (hopefully) more easily used in other Haskell programs.
The latest release, as well as the API documentation, may be obtained from Hackage.
The most recent development source code can be downloaded with:
git clone https://github.com/judah/haskeline
Further documentation is also available at http://trac.haskell.org/haskeline/wiki/WikiDocumentation
- Provides a rich line editing interface.
~/.haskelinefile allows customization of preferences and custom key bindings.
- Runs on POSIX-compatible systems, using the terminfo library to support non-ANSI terminals.
- Runs on Windows using MinGW.
- Supports Unicode cross-platform.
- History recall and incremental search.
- Custom tab completion functions which may run in an arbitrary monad.