Nudgeti gives you a nudge when you spend too much time on some websites.
Newsfeed algorithms, trending topics or related videos are a trap for your attention. Companies using them are trying to make you spend as much time as possible on their platforms.
How it works
- Install the Nudgeti extension for Firefox or Chrome.
- Spend more than two minutes on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, and a notification will pop up. It will tell you about the time you spent there.
- After two more minutes on the same website, another notification will appear.
- Nudgeti does not block websites. It will help you snap out of the mesmerized state by telling you how much time you spent on the site.
- You can configure the notification time and the site list in the extension options.
- You have to spend more than a fifth of the notification time (around 24 seconds by default) away from a blacklisted site, to reset the timer.
- Nudgeti is free software under the GPL license. Get the source code from https://github.com/ghinda/nudgeti.
Nudgeti does not collect any personal data or statistics.
It stores the time you spend on websites only until you close the browser. The site blacklist and notification time settings are stored with the browser sync storage. They will sync with your Google or Firefox account, if you sign in.