Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
If you "Add an Item" to a Planning Center plan without a linked song, that item becomes an OpenLP slide with just the title as the slide content. This has always been this way. The new feature is that if the slide title also is a valid bible reference (Book Chaper:Verse1-Verse2), then those verse slides will also be added to OpenLP according to the current bible settings in your bible plugin.
Added feature request #7 which will create slides from the "details" of non-song slides.
Version 0.2 had a bug in it where you could not click on songs once they were imported into the ServerManager. It only manifested itself when you ran the compiled OpenLP (at least on MacOS). If you ran it from source code, like in a development environment, the bug could not be reproduced. I had a suspicion on what was causing it, and one line later, it was fixed. This minor release addresses that issue.
The previous 0.1 release was based off of a standalone utility that I wrote that reverse engineered the json/xml formats in the OpenLP saved service files and then mimicked the actions of loading these into a new service.
This 0.2 release builds upon that code and knowledge but incorporates OpenLP classes and documentation styles into the classes/methods.
- Changed Plan List Dates to include 10 more recent (past) and 10 future (including today).
- Added a feature called "airplane mode" that lets me do fake queries against the Planning Center API while I'm doing development on airplanes.
- Refactored on_test_credentials_button_clicked to move the lower-level api calls into the api
- Migrated all code to OpenLP SongImport,Song,and CustomSlide Classes.
- Created CustomImport library file
- Inline class/module/function documentation updates.
- Removed airplane mode directory from lib
This is the first beta release of the Planning Center Online plugin for OpenLP.
- Unzip the planningcenter.zip file into your Planning Center plugins folder, keeping the planningcenter folder intact.
- Start OpenLP
- Verify and activate the planningcenter plugin in the Settings->Manage Plugins menu.
- Select the File->Import->Planning Center Service menu.
- Setup your authentication keys, following the directions in the GUI.
- Import Services
- Turn off the "Import missing songs from service files" configuration in the Songs plugin. You will get strange results if you (a) import a song, (b). change the song lyrics on PC, (c) import the song again, (d) edit the song. You will display the correct lyrics in the Service Manager but if you try and "edit" the song from the ServiceManager, then you will be editing the original lyrics, not the updated ones. You are better off depending on PCO as your song database if you use this plugin.
Currently Supported Features:
- Importing Lyrics from Planning Center songs that are added to a service (no verse order support currently)
- Importing slides as Custom Slides. Note: the V2 API does not have support for getting the content added to slides on Planning Center. While PCO is discussing adding this back into the V2 API, they do not intend to continue to have support for editing these slides in the Services Web GUI sometime in 2019. So... this plugin just replicates the titles of any slides onto a single-page custom slide.
- Updating Service. This updates the current service in OpenLP with a new copy from Planning Center Online, keeping any edits you've made since you Imported it earlier. The use case here is that you are updating Custom Slides while the band is off working on rehearsals. After rehearsals, you can use the "update" feature to pull in any lyric or song-order updates without overwriting your custom slide updates. Note: if a song or custom slide is removed from Planning Center, it will also be removed from OpenLP even if you have updated it.