Responsive web based MongoDB management interface for Node.JS
Mongo-G is a standalone Node.JS app built with Express and EJS. It's a GUI wrapper inspired by RockMongo that abstracts common MongoDB functions. Users can manage databases, collections, and documents.
Download or clone repo.
In the terminal navigate to the directory of Mongo-G:
Install dependencies with npm:
Edit mongo-config.js in the config folder to set the port and hostname of MongoDB. Optionally, edit app.js to change the port that you want to run Mongo-G on.
Run Mongo-G with:
Run unit tests with:
- Create and drop databases
- View database stats
- View all collections and documents in databases
- Create and drop collections
- Insert and modify documents
- View the MongoDB log
- Admin restricted access
- To get started in Mongo-G, you login as an admin, so ensure you have a user with an administrative role in the admin database
- Currently, user authentication for individual databases is not possible
- To modify and delete a document, it must have an _id field
- The responsive UI is built with the Foundation framework
- Contact me at HERE for questions or suggestions.
Mongo-G is a work in progress and is intended for development use.