Powerful web-based surveillance system for USB or IP cameras and the Rasperry Pi (Raspbian).
Zoneminder Resources and Reference
- If you're using USB cams connected to the Raspberry Pi, use https://github.com/ghoulmann/pi-cam.
- Have unfettered internet access
- Execute the script as root
- On a remote computer, access at http://ipaddr/zm to configure cams
- Intended for a fresh install of Raspbian (mysql-server not configured yet)
Since install was noninteractive, you'll have some significant security risks. I didn't want to script this or preseed answers because I either can't answer for others or don't want passwords dangling in plain text.
- Set MySQL server root password: sudo mysqladmin -u root password NEWPASSWORD
- Configure nullmailer: sudo dpkg-reconfigure nullmailer (have google ready)
- Set MySQL zoneminder db password: sudo mysqladmin -u admin password NEWPASSWORD. Next, you'll have to set the password in zoneminder config. Haven't tested this.