This project is no longer maintained.
Install and debug iPhone apps without using Xcode. Designed to work on unjailbroken devices.
- Mac OS X. Tested on Snow Leopard only.
- You need to have a valid iPhone development certificate installed.
- Xcode must be installed, along with the SDK for your iOS version.
fruitstrap [-d] -b <app> [device_id]
-dflag launches a remote GDB session after the app has been installed.
<app>must be an iPhone application bundle, not an IPA.
device_id; useful when you have more than one iPhone/iPad connected.
- The included demo.app represents the minimum required to get code running on iOS.
make installwill install demo.app to the device.
make debugwill install demo.app and launch a GDB session.
- With some modifications, it may be possible to use this without Xcode installed; however, you would need a copy of the relevant DeveloperDiskImage.dmg (included with Xcode). GDB would also run slower as symbols would be downloaded from the device on-the-fly.