geoXtension for OpenRefine
This is an Extension for OpenRefine. This extension allows to:
- Show you wkt objects on a map
- Convert from one projection to another
- Create WKT point from two columns (one stands for the latitude and one stands for the longitude).
- Facet based on spatial reference:
- by distance: given a selected point on the map and a column containing wkt object it shows the distance from each wkt point in the project from that point
- by area: given selected areas on the map and a column containing wkt objects it shows the rows of the project that belong to that area and the rows that doesn't
- by type: given a wkt columns it shows you the rows clusterized for the type
NOTE: this extension needs an internet connection.
- Download and Install GEOS(3.4.2)
- Download and Install Proj(4.8.0)
- Download and Install GDAL(1.11.0) with GEOS support
- Follow the steps at https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/wiki/Installing-Extensions
- Open or create a project
- Click the small triangle before the column name and choose geo extension
- Choose the interest operation
This extension is provided free of charge under the MIT license.