Script and data from: "A High-Resolution Gridded Dataset to Assess Electrification in Sub-Saharan Africa"
- 05/08/19: Added support to GHSL and HRSL population datasets and electrification estimates for the first half of 2019.
This repository hosts:
- Supporting files to run the analysis (e.g. a shapefile of provinces)
To replicate the analysis, the following steps should be followed:
- Create a Google account, if you do not have one, and require access to Earth Engine https://signup.earthengine.google.com.
- Make sure your Google Drive has enough cloud storage space available.
- Either obtain access to the LandScan population data by applying for an account (https://landscan.ornl.gov/user/apply), or use the Global Human Settlement Layers, High Resolution Settlement Layers, or WorldPop datasets, which are accessible from the script in this repository without additional steps.
- Download the JavaScipt and R scripts and the supporitng files
- Run the R script, which reproduces the analysis, the validation, the plots contained in the paper, and the output ncdf4 files.
Source code-related issues should be opened directly on GitHub. Broader questions of the methods should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The original dataset is available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.17632/kn4636mtvg
The data descriptor manuscript, published in * Scientific Data *, is available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41597-019-0122-6