Contributing to psutil project
- The issue tracker is for reporting problems or proposing enhancements related to the program code.
- Please do not open issues asking for support. Instead, use the forum at: https://groups.google.com/g/psutil.
- Before submitting a new issue, search if there are existing issues for the same topic.
- Be clear in describing what the problem is and try to be accurate in editing the default issue template. There is a bot which automatically assigns labels based on issue's title and body format. Labels help keeping the issues properly organized and searchable (by OS, issue type, etc.).
- When reporting a malfunction, consider enabling debug mode first.
- To report a security vulnerability, use the Tidelift security contact. Tidelift will coordinate the fix and the disclosure of the reported problem.
- The PR system is for fixing bugs or make enhancements related to the program code.
- If you wish to implement a new feature or add support for a new platform it's better to discuss it first, either on the issue tracker, the forum or via private email.
- In order to get acquainted with the code base and tooling, take a look at the Development Guide.
- If you can, remember to update HISTORY.rst and CREDITS file.