Let you select and translate text fragments.
Install: go to http://goo.gl/3lWSj with Google Chrome.
Softpedia review available: http://goo.gl/Lnaie
- Your data on all websites: I need access your tabs whatever the site you're visiting
More info on Permission Warnings: http://goo.gl/G75ZD
Need more security? 100% Clean. Softpedia guarantees that Translate Selection 1.0 is 100% Clean, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors - http://goo.gl/RTJRh
- New: Translate on right click (context menus)
- Automatic copy of selected text fragments
- Automatic detection of source text's language
- Set and save preferred languages: you don't have to scroll dozen of languages to find your preferred ones
Note: Automatic selection of the text can not work in the extensions gallery (for example, this page), the extensions gallery cannot be scripted! -- Google said that :-(
- Fix: new API version
- Russian locale, THANKS TO apaxuc
- Replaced Google Translate API (deprecated) with Microsoft Translator's AJAX interface, to fix the "Suspected Terms of Service Abuse" error
- Improvements on right-click translation: pop-up wait animation and better positioning.
- Bug fix: removed bug on showing error messages from Google API
- Now you can translate using context menus: try right-click on selection!
- New icon
- Bug fix: now you can translate very long text fragments.
- Replaced warning when used in extensions gallery with inline message
- Added warning when used in extensions gallery (the extensions gallery cannot be scripted)
- Fixed: selection of text fragments works only in tabs opened after extension's install