Finite Element Based Structural Analysis
This is an attempt to implement a CLI tool for the following paper.
M.C.M. Rajapakse, K.K. Wijesundara, R. Nascimbene, C.S. Bandara, R. Dissanayake, Accounting axial-moment-shear interaction for force-based fiber modeling of RC frames, Engineering Structures, Volume 184, 2019, Pages 15-36,ISSN 0141-0296, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2019.01.075.
- Civil engineering structure modelling
- Elementwise local stiffness matrix calculation generation.
- Structure's global stiffnexx matrix calculation.
- Load matrix generation.
- Lieanr system oprations.
- Linear system representation : dense and sparse
- Linear system solving: Gauss ellimination on dense and sparse matrices, iterative numerical techniques.
- Backtracking to translate the linear system solution to civil engineering structure.
The main objective of this project was to find the time and memroy efficient way of computing the results.
This work was done as a partial requirement for CO328 Software Engineering) course. This implementation consists of the linear elastic region analysis only.
This work will be continued by at https://github.com/pubuduudara/finite-element-based-structural-non-linear-analysis/. Please contact email@example.com if the repository is private. Their work might have backward compatibility for input format but they will not be using the code from this project.