- Have been part of multiple teams, from the early days to the acquisition and beyond
- Thrive under pressure, and have done so multiple times (and have the stories to tell)
- Take pride in ownership and going 0-1, iterating and making things happen
- Have been through multiple startups and know what NOT to do
Notable things I've built
Bottleneck Labs (Founding Engineer)
Technologies: TypeScript • Tailwind • Prisma • tRPC • React • PostgreSQL
Innerwell (Head Of Engineering)
- Design and implementation of initial platform architecture with remote design team
- 3rd party vendor evaluation and selection
- Feature implementation and platform integration using AWS, Node.JS, Lambda and Google Cloud
- Implemented secure signing features to maintain HIPAA compliance
- Assisting and guiding the Development and Ops teams
Technologies: Node.js • Firebase • iOS • Android • TypeScript
- Built a network of over 18,000 users nationwide and generated over $500k in revenue in 2021
- Raised venture capital and an angel round
- Used Ionic/Cordova to create a hybrid, cross-platform app to run on both iOS and Android
- Google Firebase (Firestore) and Google Cloud Functions, using Typescript and Node.js for automation and various integrations (Twilio, Sendgrid, Stripe).
- Built a DTC/B2C frontend using WordPress and Shopify
Ericsson (Solutions Architect)
Technologies: Linux • Saas (software As A Service) • Shell scripts • Automation • Testing
- Worked as part of several multinational teams in order to develop, customize and deploy large scale OTT/nDVR/CDN solutions for major Tier-1 MSOs worldwide (Asia, Oceania, North/South America).
- Deployed Proof of Concept systems, customize and work with the customer through the development and testing process to ensure timely implementation and delivery.
- System sizing and architecture for complete end-to-end solutions (from content ingestion to end customer delivery)
- Integration efforts with 3rd party vendors, including DRM and CDN providers.
Fabrix Systems (Senior Software Engineer)
- Platform management and automation for the industry's largest RS-DVR deployment (North America)
- Parallel file systems benchmarking and optimization (PVFS/Hadoop/HDFS)
- High-Availability services (Linux-HA) and automated cluster provisioning using open source tools
- Mission-critical, production System Administration and maintenance
- Integration and Software development (C++/Shell Scripting)
The DSP Group
Technologies: Bash • Embedded linux • Arm • Gnu/linux • Oss (open Source software)
- Designed and implemented an automated build system for cross platform deployment (x86/ARM) utilizing existing open-source products (Buildroot) and toolchains (GNU).
- Developed an automatic build system for buildroot/uClibc/busybox using NPTL and ARM-EABI in order to build a complete cross-platform development environment for various software/hardware configurations.
- Designed and implemented an embedded Linux BSP (ARM)
- Integrated Open-source projects with internal company code
- Got my start by figuring out how to install FreeBSD 2.2 on my 486DX2
- Joined a small telco company, built an embedded Linux-MIPS DSL access multiplexer to provide broadband access to hotel rooms
- Became one of the first employees at Fabrix systems - built distributed video storage/streaming solutions, company got acquired for 100M
- Ended up being a Solutions Architect for Ericsson, traveled the world, and sold software
- Built my own startup from scratch, raised VC money (used WP/Shopify for eComm, GCP/Firestore backend w/ Hybrid iOS/Android Frontend. BLE-based hardware.)
- Love working as part of a close-knit engineering/product team
- A self-proclaimed generalist, experience with front and back-end development
- Stack of choice these days is NodeJS/Typescript/NoSQL/GCP or AWS, but will always pick the right tool for the job
- Endless fascination with the latest frameworks, APIs and technologies
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter, or LinkedIn.