v2.2.1 - 2019-10-02
v2.2.0 - 2019-09-25
- Fix problem with OCaml 4.03 and ambiguous command (Closes: #10).
v2.1.2 - 2019-09-23
- Rename ounit/ounit-lwt OPAM and library to ounit2/ounit2-lwt. The META file
to rename oUnit to ounit was not working on Windows and MacOSX because their
filesystems are case insensitive and the install directories were the same.
The new ounit2/ounit2-lwt packages avoid name clash on Windows/MacOSX and
we still have ounit/ounit-lwt to allow the transition to the new package
name. (Closes: #8)
v2.1.1 - 2019-09-23
- Fix assert_raises type, which has been inadvertently changed during the
migration to dune.
- Add unix dependency to ounit.advanced.
v2.1.0 - 2019-09-22
- install a backward compatible META to help the transition from oUnit to ounit
library name. In order to depend on OUnit now, the name "ounit" should be
used (rather than the old "oUnit"). This change allows to be consistent with
the name of the opam package.
- New logger for CI, like Travis and AppVeyor, with colored output. It is
enabled by adding OUNIT_CI=true to environment section of .travis.yml or
- ounit-lwt to build test with OUnit and Lwt. It also allows
to use the runner "processes" to run test in parallel. (Closes: OF#1765)
- assert_command only displays the difference with the initial environment.
This avoids to have hundreeds of lines of useless environment variables.
- Upgrade minimal OCaml version to 4.02, since dune requires at least this
- Run garbage collection in between tests to prevent unexpected bugs in GC (e.g
finaliser throwing exceptions). (Closes: OF#1766)
- Handle infinity and NaN in cmp_float, thanks to Johannes Kloos
- Prevent OUnitLoggerJUnit to fail when the hostname cannot be found, thanks
to Bailey Parker for the fix (Closes: OF#1744)
- Fix internal uppercase_name.
- Allow to recover from interrupted Unix.select call. This allows to
run more reliably the RunnerProcess with lwt. (Closes: OF#1363)
- minor bug fixes:
- replace String.map by Buffer.* to be compatible with OCaml < 4.0.
- minor bug fixes:
- use Marshal.from_string to be compatible with OCaml <= 4.01.
- declare dependency on bytes in _oasis
- minor bug fixes:
- replace String.uppercase_ascii.
- minor bug fixes
- fix safe-string compatibility issuesi, thanks to Christoph Spiel
(Closes: OF#1760, OF#1761)
- fix some format string errors, thanks to Damien Doligez (Closes: OF#1422)
- fix backward incompatiblity with OUnit v1 (Closes: OF#1392)
- major rewrite of all the code!
- implements a quickfix compatible way of outputing failures, it jumps to
the a position in the logfile to help you debug the problem.
- better configuration setup: environment variable, command line options,
configuration files (OUnitConf)
- improved output of the tests: output HTML report, output JUnit report,
systematic logging to a file (OUnitLogger*)
- choose how to run a test: in parallel using processes (auto-detect number
of CPU), concurrently using threads or sequentialy as before.
- choose which test to run: just run test in sequence (simple) or run the
tests that failed in the last run first and skip the success if they are
still failing (failfirst) (OUnitChooser)
- OUnitBracket: use a registration in the context to make it easier to use
- remove all useless functions in the OUnit2 interface
- non-fatal section: allow to fail inside non-fatal section without
quitting immediately the whole test
- refactor OUnit.ml to still provides the same function but using OUnit2.
- timer that makes tests fail if they take too long (runner = processes)
- allow to parametrize filenames so that you can use
and have $(suite_name) replace by the test suite name
- create locks to avoid accessing the same resources within a single process
or the whole application (OUnitShared)
- OUnitTestData locate test data, if any.
- enforce environment cleanness by checking it before and after the test
(e.g check that Sys.getcwd is the same).
- regenerate with oasis v0.3.0~rc6
- bracket now enforce returning unit
- update examples
- ListSimpleMake now use the provided comparator for all elements
- Add a ~pp_diff parameter to assert_equal and some classic diff operations
(Closes: OF#635, OF#642)
- Add an assert_command function (Closes: OF#641)
- Add a bracket_tmpfile to ease temporary file use
- Enhance documentation, translate the docbook manual into ocamldoc and
- Allow to add extra command line arguments to run_test_tt_main
- Add a -list-test options to run_test_tt_main, to list available tests
- Skip tests when using "-only-test", rather than removing it. This way
the path is the same even if some tests don't pass (Closes: OF#637)
- Add backtrace support (Closes: OF#639), thanks to Michael Ekstrand
- Use OASIS
- Move to OCaml Forge: http://ounit.forge.ocamlcore.org
- Maintainance is now done by Sylvain Le Gall (OCamlCore SARL), thanks to
Maas-Maarten Zeeman for all his work
- Add the possibility to skip test and mark tests as todo
- Refactored OUnit package. The test result and test event data structures
are now clearly separated.
- Added optional compare function to assert_equal, and a float compare
function. Thanks go to Daniel Buenzli
- Add bracket support (Thanks go to Laurent Vaucher)
- Add an example for bracket usage
- Added assert_raises which checkes if an exception is raised.
(thanks go to Keita Yamaguchi, for the idea)
- Fixed (hopefully) the .depend file
- First release of ocaml-unit
The format is loosely based on Keep a Changelog, and this project adheres to
- OF#XX: OCaml Forge BTS (pre-2019)