Ginkgo SARS-CoV-2 synthesis efforts
This repository makes available detailed information for freely available synthesis efforts related to SARS-CoV-2 at Ginkgo Bioworks.
Ginkgo is synthesizing SARS-CoV-2 constructs to help the scientific community develop tests and vaccines to ameliorate the Covid-19 pandemic. We have tried to widely understand community needs and provide a large collection of resources.
As constructs are synthesized and validated they'll be made available without restrictions at:
- The BioBricks Free Genes Project
We'll be sending weekly submissions of constructs to both locations, and this repository provides detailed summaries, sequences and annotations to help make them directly useful. We've provided information on constructs in progress or planned to give direct insight into what is upcoming, organized with multiple entry points.
Top level summary of ongoing and planned projects, grouped to provide context and details. This is most helpful to get an overview of different synthesis projects.
CSV level summary of constructs. These are most useful to find constructs based on expression host or synthesis type:
- E coli expression -- SARS-CoV-2 proteins in E coli vectors with various C-terminal tags for protein expression and purification.
- Yeast expression -- SARS-CoV-2 proteins in Yeast expression vectors with various C-terminal tags.
- Mammalian expression -- Mammalian expression constructs with tags along with Spike protein constructs for expression and VSV pseudotyping.
- Viral parts -- Plasmids containing larger segments of viral DNA.
- Yeast plasmid backbone -- Sections of the plasmid backbone for making yeast expression vectors.
Sequences and GFF annotation files for constructs, with full annotations of features in each plasmid. These provide full sequences and annotations once you've identified constructs of interest.
We welcome suggestions on making the data more accessible. Please feel free to comment on the GitHub issues page
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.