prop2osm converter for TomTom & HERE
CLI tool to create OSM files from a variety of proprietary street network sources, and specifically from TomTom and HERE data.
Converting your proprietary street data into the OSM data model has the following advantages:
- FOSS routing engines work out-of-the-box with your custom street data (e.g. Valhalla, GraphHopper, OSRM and others)
- the entire OSM software ecosystem can be used for data processing (
- Storage-efficient protobuf (PBF) format to store the data which also allows for metadata tags
We provide more information in this article. In case of further interest or questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer The converter has been designed to only work with street network data and is not suitable to produce OSM files for rendering or any other purpose.
Please contact us on email@example.com in case of questions or interest.
- TomTom (including historical traffic data and the MNL datasets, i.e. logistics: width/height/hazmat etc.)
- HERE (also including truck attributes)
Supported transporation profiles
Generally the software can be used to output data suitable for any transportation profile. Note however, that most proprietary street datasets are optimized for motorized vehicles.
prop2osm has special support for truck/hgv, where both TomTom & HERE offer extensively attributed datasets for truck restrictions, such as
maxweight, truck-specific speed limits etc.
Historical Traffic in Valhalla
We provide support to convert TomTom's historical traffic patterns to Valhalla's expected format.
Live Traffic in Valhalla
Additionally Valhalla can ingest dynamic live traffic (e.g. from TomTom).
The software was designed to provide least resistance to extensibility, both in terms of extending functionality for already implemented providers and/or implementing a new data provider, other than TomTom or HERE.
OSM tags supported
The following is a (not comprehensive) list of the general OSM tags we create/use for e.g. TomTom data:
- maxspeed (including
- Access restrictions motor_vehicle, motorcar, bus, psv etc
- All turn restrictions (except for turn restrictions > 2 way members)
- hazmat (for truck profiles)
- maxweight (for truck profiles)
- maxheight (for truck profiles)
- maxwidth (for truck profiles)
- incline (for pedestrian)
The output OSM files have been validated against: