Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
G+Smo (Geometry + Simulation Modules, pronounced "gismo") is a new open-source C++ library that brings together mathematical tools for geometric design and numerical simulation. It is developed mainly by researchers and PhD students. It implements the relatively new paradigm of isogeometric analysis, which suggests the use of a unified framework in the design and analysis pipeline. G+Smo is an object-oriented, cross-platform, template C++ library and follows the generic programming principle, with a focus on both efficiency and ease of use. The library is partitioned into smaller entities, called modules. Examples of available modules include the dimension-independent NURBS module, the data fitting and solid segmentation module, the PDE discretization module and the adaptive spline module, based on hierarchical splines of arbitrary dimension and polynomial degree. The library is licensed under the Mozilla Public License v2.0. It has been developed within the homonym research network supported by the Austrian Science Fund and aims at providing access to high quality, open-source software to the forming isogeometric numerical simulation community and beyond. Continue reading in the About section.
- May 2018 Workshop G+Smo Developer days 2018 takes place in Öckerö, Sweden.
- Nov. 2017 G+Smo tutorial presented at the ARCADES School taking place in Athens, Greece.
- Feb. 2017 Workshop G+Smo Developer days 2017 takes place in TU Delft, Netherlands in connection with the MOTOR project.
- Dec. 2015 The funding of FWF National Research Network Geometry + Simulation, which is a driving force behind G+Smo, has been extended for the years 2016-2020.
- Nov. 2015 Workshop "G+Smo Developer days" takes place in Linz, Austria in connection with the MOTOR project.
- Oct. 2015 The library is now available for installation in Gentoo Linux, find out how to install.
- Sep. 2015 The library is now available for installation via APT in Ubuntu/Debian, find out how.
- Aug. 2015 Release 0.8.1 Alpha is launched, see the downloads section.
- Dec. 2014 Release 0.8 Alpha is launched, see the downloads section.
Communication and links
- Mailing list: gismo(at)ricam.oeaw.ac.at (Subscribe).
- Github: https://github.com/gismo/gismo
- Sourceforge: http://g-smo.sourceforge.net
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC): join us in #G+Smo on Freenode.
- Profile on Google+
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/G-Smo-8270530
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gismolib