Changes since Git-2.5.2(2) (September 13th 2015)
- Comes with Git 2.5.3.
- By configuring
git config core.editor notepad, users can now use
notepad.exeas their default editor. Configuring
git config format.commitMessageColumns 72will be picked up by the notepad wrapper and line-wrap the commit message after the user edited it.
- The Subversion bindings for use with
git svnwere upgraded to version 1.9.1.
- Some interactive console programs, e.g.
psql.exe, now work in mintty thanks to pre-configured aliases.
- The mechanism to diff
.docxfiles known from Git for Windows 1.x has been ported to Git for Windows 2.x.
- Git can now access IPv6-only hosts via HTTP/HTTPS.
.vimrcin the home directory is now allowed to have DOS line endings.
README.portablefile of the portable Git mentions the need to run
post-install.batwhen the archive was extracted manually.
- Home directories for user names with non-ASCII characters are handled correctly now.
- The documentation no longer shows plain-text
linkgit:..."links" but proper hyperlinks instead.
mtablink is written to
/etc/mtabagain, as it should.
- When run inside the PowerShell, Git no longer gets confused when the current directory's path and what is recorded in the file system differs in case (e.g. "GIT/" vs "Git/").