Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Get the latest stable release from my homepage.
The version in GitHub might always be in an alpha or beta state, you have been warned!
- Extract the ZIP file. It contains a file named DrivenByMoss.bwextension.
- Copy that file in the following location depending on your OS:
- Start Bitwig Studio and open the Dashboard. Select Settings and Controllers.
- If Autdetect is enabled for most of the controllers you automatically get a popup notification.
- Alternatively, select Add controller manually; See device specific additional installation notes below.
Arturia Beatstep / Beatstep Pro
Load the respective template from the folder resources/beatstep into the device by using Arturias Midi Control Center. Only Beatstep Pro: In the Device Settings Tab set the User Midi Channel to 3.
Open Sound Control (OSC) specifics
- Select a midi input port. It is not really important which one you choose because it is just used to insert midi notes into Bitwig received as an OSC command. Best thing is to use a virtual midi port.
- Adjust the IP-addresses and ports of your computer and the client device you want to use. NOTE: You need to restart the extension if you made a change!
The ZIP file has a folder osc which contains example files for Cycling 74s Max, TouchOSC and Open Stage Control.
Novation Lauchpad specifics
- Pro: If you added the controller manually, choose the 2nd port (MIDIIN2 (Launchpad Pro) and MIDIOUT2 (Launchpad Pro) on Windows).
- Make sure the Launchpad sends on Midi Channel 1
Ableton Push specifics
If you added the controller manually, choose Ableton -> Push or Ableton -> Push 2 depending on your specific controller. On Push 1 make sure that for MIDI in- and output the 2nd port is selected (MIDIIN2 (Ableton Push) and MIDIOUT2 (Ableton Push) on Windows). For Push 2 it is the first port.
Installation on Linux
Accessing USB requires root access. To run the Application as a normal user copy the file
99-userusbdevices.rules to the folder
It gives the group audio access to the Push 2 controller. Make sure that your user is a member of that group and the group does exist. A more in-depth explanation can be found here.
After you have copied the file reboot your computer.