Please keep in mind that the main use case of GitBucket is for small teams and projects!
Since the installation process is trivial however, one could:
- always host more than one GitBucket instance
- move problematic repos in their own instance
- use external issue systems and Wikis (GitBucket allows linking them)
- for (big) binary files in repos, activate the Git-LFS functionality: http://gitbucket.github.io/gitbucket-news/gitbucket/2017/01/03/git-lfs-support.html
- tune https://github.com/gitbucket/gitbucket/wiki/Tracing-%26-logging with care
- if the embedded H2 database seems to be the bottleneck, fine-tune the connection pool in
- external databases: MySQL and PostgreSQL are not faster than embedded H2: http://h2database.com/html/performance.html
- please note that using DB Encryption https://github.com/gitbucket/gitbucket/wiki/External-database-configuration#database-encryption adds however a little extra overhead.