This repository contains the Kudos artwork that what is shown on the Gitcoin Kudos marketplace
why should I want to create kudos artwork?
Kudos are a recurring revenue stream for artists.
There are two options for compensation for Kudos:
- Self Sovereign - When a new Kudos is created, the ETH sent during that minting process is directly sent to the illustrator who created the Kudos artwork. In some cases, Gitcoin may also take a 10% fee to help keep the lights on.
- Gitcoin-Funded - Gitcoin will pay you for each piece of artwork, and will collect the self sovereign (#1) funds. Email us a link to your portfolio to be considered.
Right now, we expect that most ppl will want to do Gitcoin-Funded kudos art. But down the line, when people are making $100s per day off their Kudos art, we hope people will consider the self sovereign route.
to create a new Kudos
- If you are creating a Gitcoin-funded kudos, email us to negotiate a rate. Please include your portfolio link. If you are going the Self Sovereign route, skip this step and proceed to next step.
- Checkout the latest kudos design guide.
- Checkout the latest ideas for kudos.
- Open up a PR against this repo with your proposed artwork in it.
For consistency, name all images with all lowercase letters and underscores between each word. For example,
This file contains the information about each of the kudos artifacts. When adding a new Kudos, please add a corresponding record to the file.
This python script reads the images directory and creates a kudos.yaml file. It uses the filename to create the
image field. The rest of the fields are sample defaults.
You only need to run this script if the kudos.yaml file doesn't already exist.
''' Copyright (C) 2018 Gitcoin Core
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.