As the author of the project Brython, hosted on Google Code, I am writing this notification to request the removal of the project "brython" on GitHub. Here are the elements requested on https://help.github.com/articles/dmca-takedown : * 1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed upon. This includes identification of the web page or specific posts, as opposed to entire sites. Posts must be referenced by either the dates in which they appear or by the permalink of the post. Include the URL to the concerned material infringing your copyright (URL of a website or URL to a post, with title, date, name of the emitter), or link to initial post with sufficient data to find it.*
The work is the project Brython, a software developed on the Google Code site at http://code.google.com/p/brython/ I am identified as the owner of this work on the members list : http://code.google.com/p/brython/people/list The first import on this site was done on June 15, 2012 as indicated on this page : http://code.google.com/p/brython/source/list?num=25&start=15 I announced the release of Brython on public groups :
- in French on Nov. 25, 2012 : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fr.comp.lang.python/6GrfbKn7qPs
- in English on Dec. 19, 2012 : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.python/LVkkIhLLQqg *
- Identify the material that you allege is infringing upon the copyrighted work listed in Item #1 above. Include the name of the concerned litigious material (all images or posts if relevant) with its complete reference.*
The project called brython on GitHub : https://github.com/evandrix/brython It was created by [private]. Only one commit was done, on Dec 17, 2012. It is a copy of the files on the Google Code site at that date : see for instance the script brython.js :
- original version on the Google Site at revision 144, published Dec. 14 : http://code.google.com/p/brython/source/browse/trunk/brython.js?r=144
- copy on the Github site : https://github.com/evandrix/brython/blob/master/brython.js
The committer on GitHub only "forgot" to commit the LICENCE.txt file ( http://code.google.com/p/brython/source/browse/trunk/LICENCE.txt) that mentions that I am the copyright owner of this software
3. Provide information on which GitHub may contact you, including your email address, name, telephone number and physical address.
Email address : [private] Telephone number : [private] Physical address : [private]
4. Provide the address, if available, to allow GitHub to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content, including email address.
[private], identified on GitHub here : https://github.com/evandrix Email address [private]
I sent a mail to him twice, on Jan. 5 then Jan. 27, to ask him to remove the project ; I had no reply
I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law
I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.