Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Support for
GENERATEDcolumns, #595, based on work by @dveeden
- Support for zero timestamps on MySQL 5.5 #539
- Sanity: enforcing
- Avoid prepared statements for changelog table #592 @ggunson
- Community contributions, thanks @SchumacherFM, @atsushi-ishibashi,
$ sha256sum * 9b0741d1b27aab613cdad12c2bfdd70d6879b116b6d41cef3b58eb21d4f14e62 gh-ost-1.0.46-1.x86_64.rpm 4222af72f19eadfb6ca7335791c8cc9f628f14c751bc324508cf976fc6dd9feb gh-ost-binary-linux-20180527215024.tar.gz 4f069500b7d3a9f1396fc615acd4913fb12783d8e8494aa5656c9355e6b5d8d3 gh-ost-binary-osx-20180527215024.tar.gz b6b452c17b44da537f92f29514ab5fdd4dbe795f671c8dd08f5962f31e7ba2ec gh-ost_1.0.46_amd64.deb
- Support for Aliyun RDS, contribution by @zhangxiaojian, #541
gbkEncoding , contribution by @ceshihao, #533
- Support exponential backoff for cutover attempts, contribution by @kurtzur, #563
- Fix to long
- CI to run migration tests (previously executed manually outside CI flow), #546, blog post
- Tests for
- Avoid printing password in output log
Thank you to all contributors!
$ sha256sum * c0319eee757e544eb2be298ba115c3a6e6296d3c5ae44929d64009f3f86a62d4 gh-ost-binary-linux-20180417090238.tar.gz 68fe507863a323e690a9899395314f52925cc173b38272dd91deb29cb5a1005b gh-ost-binary-osx-20180417090238.tar.gz
--postpone-cut-over-flag-fileimplies touching indicated file
- support for PK column
- Implement teardown (#479 ), now
gh-ostcan be embedded as a library -- thanks @nikhilmat !
- Allow gh-ost to modify the server using extra port (#491 ) -- thanks @zmoazeni !
- Doc updates -- thanks @druud !
- Remove plaintext password from log
- Building via
$ sha256 * 583eb9fe9055b422521a7a60083860248bf5a52226dceb561cb60d8520bfecc0 gh-ost-binary-linux-20180211093207.tar.gz 6940fde2720179f4b3c4c74b906e746060b18a0a1e3229dcf818cd944a57dfd7 gh-ost-binary-osx-20180211093207.tar.gz
- Support for 5.7
- Write optimization: client side prepares statements, reduce network traffic overhead, #459
- Read optimization: avoid generating temporary tables in read query, #471 thanks @ggunson
autocommit=1, fixes #480, thanks @renecannao
--force-table-namescontrolling, see #457, thanks @arthurnn
- Validating password length (capped at 32, see #489)
- Stricter data type validation pre-migration
Thank you kindly to all contributors!
$ md5sum * 07617a0058396336d0d0686253ae602d gh-ost-binary-linux-20170914095800.tar.gz 673574c92bf18921625758a05e0bed98 gh-ost-binary-osx-20170914095800.tar.gz
$ sha1sum * 444589e9417653a8636838cb6ecbe7fb908e7609 gh-ost-binary-linux-20170914095800.tar.gz 9a79e741ea28e1f55d7cf49b9813f151d4b52362 gh-ost-binary-osx-20170914095800.tar.gz
$ sha256sum * 297b14ed1efe9b894e27e63f7aff36ceded7334c174f5a8602af9e74beb2f512 gh-ost-binary-linux-20170914095800.tar.gz 0fd2497b21305dbd420f94d61703a33a70fcf2b0b54bbfb55e178691d061ff2d gh-ost-binary-osx-20170914095800.tar.gz
- Fix to data integrity issue: corruption in
datetime(6)microsecond values when smaller than
- Fix to data integrity issue:
killon the master connection could cause a premature cut-over without all the rows being copied, #445
- Fix to data integrity issue: support for
alter table .. change column Xwhere X is a different letter case than original column, #447
- supporting tables that reach up to and including max length (
- Hibernate on critical load: when
critical-load-hibernate-seconds > 0, then the behavior of
critical-loadchanges. Instead of panicking and bailing out with error,
gh-ostenters hibernation. #424
dml-batch-sizeis dynamic, supported up to
http-throttleoutputs clearer throttle messahes
http-throttleis freno aware and outputs clearer throttle messahes
- fix to
- support for
drop + adda column of same name (
gh-ostwill recognize the before/after columns to be unrelated)
- RDS documentation, thanks @jacobbednarz
- improved documentation, thanks @jessbreckenridge
md5sum 55079a0ea0f72bfccf32658f4c6de894 gh-ost-binary-linux-1.0.40-20170721063804.tar.gz 715309fcd4cd85f974b4ac648f849fa3 gh-ost-binary-osx-1.0.40-20170721063804.tar.gz sha1sum b19b8af996cef57d117a961cdf2c27865e9c5ff6 gh-ost-binary-linux-1.0.40-20170721063804.tar.gz d8b3d862e815319ba62c6f55502cdd670f0b4028 gh-ost-binary-osx-1.0.40-20170721063804.tar.gz
changes since 1.0.35: v1.0.35...v1.0.36
--throttle-http=<url>: routinely check given URL, throttle when response code is not
- fixed "close sync with err: sync is been closing..." message
gh-ost now supports and uses TravisCI. The community will now have visibility into CI tests on both external and internal PRs.
changes since 1.0.34: v1.0.34...v1.0.35
- updated go-mysql library
- mitigating cut-over/write race condition
- fixed mediumint unsigned problem
- added various tests
- proper documentation for shared key and unique keys requirements -- thanks @ggunson
- interactive command support question mark (
?) as argument, in which case this is a Get operation,
gh-ostprints out current value
- fix to
throttle-control-replicasdynamic setting; showing number of throttle control replicas in status
- added "common questions" doc page
- cut-over failure on test-on-replica kicks replication running again before reattempt
- collecting and presenting MySQL versions of applier and inspector
- migration only starting after first replication lag metric collected
changes since 1.0.32: v1.0.32...v1.0.34
- Batched writes for applying binlog events onto ghost table: solving #348, this increases write capacity for
gh-ostwithout introducing delays or stalls. See #352
- Only using internal heartbeat mechanism.
--replication-lag-queryis now deprecated and unused.
gh-osthas its own subsecond resolution replication lag measurement which it uses both on the connected server as well as on the control-replicas. See #347
- support for
--master-password, for when master and replicas have different credentials.
- Add possibility to set
server-idas command line flag - contribution by @cypiszzz, see #349
--check-flagis a flag with which one can check if other flags are supported. Used for scripting and testing in lieu of evolving and changing versions. See #351
changes since 1.0.30: v1.0.30...v1.0.32
- support for
--ask-pass: interactive password input
Many additions since
1.0.28. The ultimate breakdown is v1.0.28...v1.0.30
- Fixed cut-over stall: when cut-over happened to start executing even as lag or otherwise a throttling condition also emerged, a race condition would make the cut-over stall until throttling reason went away. The fix is that cut-over does not wait, and at worst, rolls back.
- fix to cut-over retries -- it didn't throttle properly in between and did not cleanup properly in between.
- cut-over timeout on "unknown" stalls. An example to "unknown" was the throttling problem described above. I don't know what other unknowns there are, but cut-over is now generically resilient to them.
- support for
--skip-foreign-key-checks- can save inspection time, when one is certain no FKs actually exist
- Made column-rename detection heuristic more robust (it could wrongly infer a rename by some unfortunate comment or column-name)
- Reading and reporting replication lag before waiting on initial replication event -- this adds visibility in seemingly-hanging operations where the replica is lagging in the first place
- changelog table uses same engine as original table
- on startup, verifying replication works all all the way up to the master.