This project adheres to a Code of Conduct. By participating, you are expected to honor this code.
This library's only job is to decide which markup format to use and call out to an external library to convert the markup to HTML (see the README for more information on how markup is rendered on GitHub.com).
If you are having an issue with:
- Syntax highlighting - see github/linguist
- Markdown on GitHub - contact email@example.com
- Styling issues on GitHub - see primer-markdown module in the primer/primer-css repository
Anything else - search open issues or create an issue and and we'll help point you in the right direction.
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork it.
- Create a branch (
git checkout -b my_markup)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am "Added Snarkdown")
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my_markup)
- Open a Pull Request
- Enjoy a refreshing Diet Coke and wait
You can run
script/bootstrap.contrib to fetch them all.
To run the tests:
If nothing complains, congratulations!
Releasing a new version
If you are the current maintainer of this gem:
- Bump the version number in
lib/github-markup.rb, adhering to Semantic Versioning
- Test the latest version on GitHub
- Build the new version with
vendor/cachein your local checkout of GitHub
- Update the version for
bundle update --local github-markup
- Run any relevant tests and test it manually from the browser.
- Push the new gem release with
rake release. If you don't have permission to release to rubygems.org, contact one of the existing owners (
gem owners github-markup) and ask them to add you.