- PLEASE NOTE: this script was written for mapillary API version 3, running on - the old mapillary Amazon AWS infrastructure. Starting in June 2021 mapillary - switched to API v4 on Facebook infrastructure and the takeout scripts stopped working. - The migration from API v3 to v4 is still work in progress, see the mapillary forum. - Given that v4 is not ready for production use we cannot make an estimate when - the mapillary takeout scripts will work again. Sorry!!! And thanks for your patience!
This script downloads your imagery from Mapillary. The official mapillary_tools download option only allows for bulk download of the blurred and compressed versions of the images. This script will download the "original unprocessed" images as you sent them to Mapillary.
Note: due to privacy regulations you may get only a blurred version of your original images, but the size, resolution, and metadata will still be the same as the original.
- Python 3
- Requests library
on debian run: sudo apt-get install python3-requests
on MacOS run: brew install python3 && python3 -m pip install requests
Install and run
Get the code
With git (preffered) :
git clone https://github.com/gitouche-sur-osm/mapillary_takeout.git cd mapillary_takeout
OR with wget :
wget https://github.com/gitouche-sur-osm/mapillary_takeout/archive/master.zip unzip master.zip cd mapillary_takeout-master
Run the code
./mapillary_takeout.py <email> <password> <username> <output_folder>
./mapillary_takeout.py firstname.lastname@example.org azerty123 gitouche /path/to/backup
You should quote your fields if they contain special characters :
./mapillary_takeout.py email@example.com 'password;with special|characters' gitouche '/path/to/MY BACKUP'
./mapillary_takeout.py --help usage: mapillary_takeout.py [-h] [--start-date YYYY-MM-DD] [--end-date YYYY-MM-DD] [--debug 0..4] [--timeout 1..300] [--timeout-meta 1..300] [--threads 1..128] [--retries 1..512] [-D] email password username output_folder Download your images from Mapillary, version: 1.2 positional arguments: email Your email address for mapillary authentication password Your mapillary password username Your mapillary username output_folder Download destination optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --start-date YYYY-MM-DD Filter sequences that are captured since this date --end-date YYYY-MM-DD Filter sequences that are captured before this date (Note: end date is not included!) --debug 0..4 set global debug level, default: 0 --timeout 1..300 set connection/read timeout in seconds, default: 5 --timeout-meta 1..300 set connection/read timeout for meta requests in seconds, default: 60 --threads 1..128 number of threads, default: 16 --retries 1..512 sequence max. retries, default: 128 -D, --dry-run Check sequences status, display estimates and leave --subfolder Store images by date and sequence subfolders, default: False
- Mapillary Takeout Web : web frontend for mapillary_takeout
- Exit Mapillary : remove all photos from your Mapillary account
This project is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0 - see the LICENSE file for details
- Simon Mikkelsen original gist https://gist.github.com/simonmikkelsen/478accbc7b62c0c7786d6cd95fb09cae
- Wolfram Schneider
- Anonymous helpers - thank you very much!