- Contributors: GJSieben, juliobox, Mediatricks
- Tags: code, invitation, guest, register, buddypress
- Requires at least: 3.0
- Tested up to: 4.8
- Stable tag: trunk
- License: GPLv2
You want people can register on your blog, but you want to filter them? Create codes, share them, track the codes, track the users. Just as easy as it seems! Don't let everyone register (otherwise you wouldn't use this plugin).
- Extract the plugin folder from the downloaded ZIP file.
- Upload Access Codes folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the "Plugins" page in your Dashboard.
- Go to settings, and create a code. Right now, only about (10?) codes can be active at a time, but a code tweak can adjust this.
A Word on Development
This plugin was originally developed by "juliobox" under the "Easy Invitation Codes" name, but wasn't compatible with BuddyPress. BuddyPress support was added later by "mediatricks", but the plugin still had some problems that prevented it from working well. This is a repaired, improved version of the "mediatricks" version, which was last updated over 5 years ago on WordPress.org.
This plugin is licensed under the GPLv2, though I probably would have upgraded to GPLv3 if that was allowed (there was no "later version" clause, or even a file with the license at all).
The original ("juliobox") version is available at https://wordpress.org/plugins/baw-invitation-codes/. The "mediatricks" version is no longer available.