DOWNLOAD THE ADD-ON
DEVELOPING THE ADD-ON
BugzillaJS is in the process of being converted to a cross-browser web extension, and can be installed like this:
git clone email@example.com:gkoberger/BugzillaJS.git bugzillajs cd bugzillajs web-ext run
This should open up an install button in Firefox.
To package for distribution, simply run
TESTING THE ADD-ON
Once you have it installed, check out the following URL to see it in action:
This extension was converted to an web extension and is missing some of the previous features. If you are interested in these features you can port them from the 'legacy' directory and submit a PR.
You can turn features on and off by clicking the "BugzillaJS Preferences" link at the top and bottom of every page. You need to refresh the page to see them come into effect.
To view all keyboard shortcuts, type "?" on any page.
- (Legacy) Enable keyboard shortcuts
Make the comments on bugs more readable.
- Highlight reporter and assignee comments
- Add scrollbar to overflowing comments
- Hide the first comment if empty
Show inline media
Show images and other types of content right in the comments.
- Display images and attachments as an inline gallery
- Use lightbox for images
- Show GitHub logs inline
- Show gravatars in comments
These pertain to editing bugs.
- Style the comments like Github
- Remove flags, status and blocking fields
- Remove access keys
- Don't guess OS and hardware
- Add a "new" link for dependent and blocking fields
- Add a "browse" link for component fields
- (Legacy) Show inline Treeherder results
These modify parts of the pages with lists of bugs.
- Option to open all bugs in tabs
- (Legacy) Agile Backlog
These are other tidbits that do not fit into other categories.
- Makes saved searches into a dropdown (requires Mozilla skin)
If you have an idea for an extra feature, either ask me to implement it or you can implement it yourself and submit a patch. I'll do a better job in the future of cleaning up the code and possibly making it API-like.
Bugzilla Installation URLs
To test patterns/globs against installation URLs you can visit https://www.bugzilla.org/installation-list/ and run:
new Set([...document.querySelectorAll("a[href]")].filter(a => a.textContent.trim() == "Bugzilla").map(a => a.href).filter(url => !url.includes("www.bugzilla.org")).filter(url => !url.match(/(.*bugz.*|.*bugs.*|.*Bugs.*|.*bz.*)/)))
- It conflicts with other Bugzilla extensions and Userscripts.
IF THERE IS A CONFLICT WITH ANOTHER SCRIPT
Simply disabling the feature in the Bugzilla Preferences should fix it.
STILL HAVE ISSUES?
Post an issue, or contact me at gkoberger [a] gkoberger [dot] com