Super Easy Forms is a CLI tool that lets you create html forms in seconds (literally). It deploys all the necessary backend resources for you in AWS, and it outputs a Bootstrap HTML form ready to copy paste into your static site.
- Make sure you have node.js and npm installed. You can checkout this tutorial to install npm and node in mac, linux (debian/ubuntu).
- Have an AWS account and an IAM user with administrator access. If you don't have an AWS account, you can easily create one here. Don't worry, everything you do with this project will fall within the AWS free tier limit!
- Clone the repository
- Go into the directory of the project
- create a file called .env and add the following variables. replace your-acces-key and your-secret-access-key with the keys that were displayed when you created the IAM user.
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=your-access-key AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY=your-secret-access-key AWS_REGION=us-east-1 AWS_ACCOUNT_NUMBER=your-aws-account-number
- To find your AWS account number, go to the AWS console support center
- Install all dependencies by running
- Start the CLI by running
Labels : Form fields must be one word. you can use - or _ to unite words for example you can use
first-name and the label will automatically get split into first name.
Field Types : By default form fields will be set as text inputs. to use a textfield instead include the word message. For an input type email include the word email and for an input type number include the word number.