Tab for a Cause Browser Extensions
- Install Yarn
- Clone this repository
- At the root of the repository, run
yarn run chromium:develop
- At chrome://extensions/, check the "Developer mode" box and load the unpacked extension from the repository's
- The extension will re-build on file change but still requires manually reloading the extension in Chrome.
yarn run firefox:develop
- This opens an instance of Firefox with the extension installed. It will hot reload on changes.
yarn run build
yarn run chromium:build
yarn run firefox:build
Note: we maintain two Firefox extensions: one that is listed in the Mozilla Add-ons Store and one that is self-hosted for download from our web page. This builds both. The extensions only differ in some manifest.json entries; see
manifest.self-hosted-overrides.json. We build the final manifest.json files in the Firefox build script.
Releasing to Firefox Add-ons Store
We need to provide source code for review (see docs). To do so:
- Download this repository as a .zip file
- In the Add-ons Developer Hub, upload the .zip file as "Source code" when releasing a new version
- Paste the following instructions for the reviewer to build from source
Instructions for the reviewer to build from source: 1. Go to https://github.com/gladly-team/tab-extensions, click "Clone or download", and click "Download ZIP". 2. Unzip the source code file and navigate to the root of the source code directory. 3. Install Yarn (https://yarnpkg.com/en/). 4. Run `yarn` to install dependencies. 5. Run `yarn run firefox:build`. The built extension will be in `./build/firefox/`.