Resistor Calculator PWA
Simple open-source app to calculate a resistor value from it's color codes. Choose between two themes: drop-down menus or color picker mode. Also, available on the web as a progressive web app.
These instructions will guide you to install the software on your own system for development and testing.
- Web server such as XAMPP or Chrome Web Server [PWA]
- Apache Cordova [Android App]
- Node.js [Android App]
- Java JDK 1.8 [Android App] (IMPORTANT: Must be JDK 1.8)
- Android SDK [Android App]
- Gradle [Android App]
Progressive web apps (PWAs) are reliable, fast, and engaging apps that are able to be installed on a user's homescreen directly from the web. PWAs can offer similar experiences to native apps but with all the benefits of being a web application such as fast updates and being cross-platform. Because a PWA is basically a web page, you will need to install a web server such as XAMPP or Chrome Web Server.
- Copy the directory /pwa/ from the repo to your web directory
- Edit the manifest.json and web files as desired
Installing Android App
- Install Apache Cordova and prerequisites (Node.js)
C:\>npm install -g cordova
- Create the app project Open a PowerShell window in the directory to create the app and invoke the Cordova CLI.
cordova create app com.example.app demoApp
- Install the Android platform Open the created directory and invoke the Cordova CLI again to add platforms.
cd app cordova platform add android
Copy files to directory Copy the files in the /cordova/ directory in the repo to your Cordova app directory.
Install plugins The app uses two cordova plugins: statusbar to change the status bar color to match the app theme, devicefeedback to add haptic and acoustic feedback when a user presses a button.
cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-statusbar cordova plugin add cordova-velda-devicefeedback
- Build and run Build and run the app using the commands listed below.
cordova build android cordova run android
- Stephen Glass - stephen.glass
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details.