Common OVF Tool (COT)
COT (the Common OVF Tool) is a tool for editing
Open Virtualization Format
.ova) virtual appliances, with a focus on virtualized network
appliances such as the Cisco CSR 1000V
and Cisco IOS XRv platforms.
COT's capabilities include:
- Add a disk or other file to an OVF/OVA
- Edit OVF hardware information (CPUs, RAM, NICs, configuration profiles, etc.)
- Edit product description information in an OVF/OVA
- Edit OVF environment properties
- Display a descriptive summary of the contents of an OVA or OVF package
- Embed a bootstrap configuration text file into an OVF/OVA.
- Remove files and disks from an OVF or OVA package
- Deploy an OVF/OVA to an ESXi (VMware vSphere or vCenter) server to provision a new virtual machine (VM), including serial port configuration as needed.
For more information, refer to the documentation.