MvcOpenID - An OpenID Starter Kit for ASP.NET MVC
MvcOpenID is an OpenID starter kit for ASP.NET MVC. It is first and foremost a learning tool. I've learned a lot about OpenID while developing this and commented the code a lot. Running the application and stepping through the code is the best and probably the fastest way to learn. Apart from it's educational value you can also use it as a starter kit for your ASP.NET MVC based web applications.
Status and future plans
This project has just started so I will be adding more to it. Right now there is only the basic support for OpenID.
In the future I hope to implement:
- Pop up window for signing in to you OpenID provider.
- AJAX pop up for signing in to you OpenID provider.
- Make all versions available for Razor and ASPX view engines.
At Codeplex: http://mvcopenid.codeplex.com/discussions
- .NET Framework 4
- Entity Framework 4.0
- ASP.NET MVC 3 (Release Candidate 2) - Download here
- Code Contracts - Download here
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Express https://www.microsoft.com/express/Database/Default.aspx
This project uses (but is not affiliated to):
The source of this projects is located in two places:
To get the source clone to a local repository. You can use either:
git clone git://github.com/gligoran/mvcopenid.
- Mercurial (Hg):
hg clone https://hg01.codeplex.com/mvcopenid.
This project was created by me, Goran Gligorin, as a starting point for my projects that employ OpenID as a login system.
If you like this project tell people about it. A backlink to one or more of these locations would also be much appreciated:
- http://www.gorangligorin.com - my personal homepage
- http://www.24projects.com - my future website that will host my projects (W.I.P.)
- https://github.com/gligoran/mvcopenid - project's home on GitHub
- http://mvcopenid.codeplex.com/ - project's home at CodePlex
Thanks & Recognition
I would like to thank these people: