Build flutter desktop app in dart & rust
This is the development repo. Head to flutter-app-template for a running demo.
Install latest Rust
brew install glfw
apt install libglfw3
Install flutter sdk
In flutter-app project, set flutter sdk version in Cargo.toml
[package.metadata.flutter] version = "5af435098d340237c5e3a69bce6aaffd4e3bfe84"
This commit version id can be found in bin/internal/engine.version file in flutter sdk folder.
scripts/run.pyto get a running example. Note: The first run is going to take a while to download rust dependecies and flutter engine.
- Support Hot reload
- MethodChannel, EventChannel
- Async runtime using tokio
- Application icons
- System dialogs
- Clipboard support
- Cross platform support (mac & linux)
- Support distribution format: (mac app, mac dmg)
- Support setting default window background color.
- Loader UI and rebranding.
- Desktop integration: App menu, context menu, file dialogs.
- Flutter scroller should support desktop scroll event.
- Download dll from web?
To contribute to flutter-rs, please see CONTRIBUTING.