Welcome to the Glimpse Image Editor wiki! This is intended primarily for developers and prospective contributors.
This wiki covers our fork of the GNU Image Manipulation Program. Information about "Glimpse NX" (a new image editing program we are developing) will be made available when we have an initial working prototype.
Please note: In this wiki we use "Linux" as a shorthand version of "GNU/Linux" unless otherwise stated. Glimpse Image Editor is a userspace application, and kernel layer detail is not within the scope of this developer documentation.
- How to Build the Source Code
- How to Fix Translations
- Development Priorities
- Release Version Scheme
- Upstream Component Versions
- Version Control Branch Strategy
- Known Issues (Windows)
- Supported Platform Versions (Windows)
- Build with MSYS2 and Visual Studio Code (Windows)
- Package as an MSI Installer (Windows)
Windows Subsystem for Linux Support
Native Linux Support
- Known Issues (Linux)
- Build in a Virtual Machine with Vagrant (Linux)
- Build natively on Ubuntu or Debian (Linux)
- Build with GNOME Builder (Linux)
- Package as a Flatpak (Linux)
- Package for Snapcraft (Linux)
- Beta Testing with Flathub (Linux)
- Beta Testing with Snapcraft (Linux)
- Dev Testing with Snapcraft (Linux)