GIfTI - a MATLAB GIfTI Library (v1.8)
This MATLAB class allows to handle GIfTI Geometry file format from the Neuroimaging Informatics Technology Initiative.
It relies on external libraries:
- Base64, by Peter J. Acklam: http://home.online.no/~pjacklam/
- miniz, by Rich Geldreich: https://github.com/richgel999/miniz
- dzip, by Michael Kleder: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/8899
- XMLTree, by Guillaume Flandin: https://www.artefact.tk/software/matlab/xml/
- mVTK, by Guillaume Flandin: https://www.artefact.tk/software/matlab/mvtk/
- JSONio, by Guillaume Flandin: https://www.artefact.tk/software/matlab/jsonio/
Note that these tools are already included in the GIfTI library provided here, so you don't need to install them separately.
This library is also part of SPM:
MATLAB 7.1 (R14SP3) or above is required to use most of the features of this toolbox.
This library takes advantage of MATLAB Object-Oriented facilities and all
the code is embedded in a
@gifti class. To install it, all you need is to
make sure that the directory containing
@gifti is in MATLAB path:
The handling of gzipped data requires a C-MEX file to be compiled, see
@gifti/private/zstream.c. A Java alternative will be used otherwise,
in which case MATLAB should not be started with the
In the following, we use the files contained in
(BrainVISA examples), available from the NITRC website:
% Read the GIfTI surface file g = gifti('sujet01_Lwhite.surf.gii') % Read the GIfTI shape file gg = gifti('sujet01_Lwhite.shape.gii') % Display mesh figure; plot(g); % Display mesh with curvature figure; plot(g,gg);
In a similar way, a gifti object can be created from scratch and save to a file:
load mri D = squeeze(D); Ds = smooth3(D); g = gifti(isosurface(Ds,5)) h = plot(g); daspect([1,1,.4]); view(45,30); axis tight lightangle(45,30); set(h,'SpecularColorReflectance',0,'SpecularExponent',50) save(g,'mri.surf.gii','Base64Binary');
MATLAB is a Registered Trademark of The Mathworks, Inc.
Copyright (C) 2008-2018 Guillaume Flandin Guillaume@artefact.tk