Clone this wiki locally
Tor2web is an HTTP proxy software that enables access to Tor Hidden Services by mean of common web browsers.
The project is now part of a larger project (GlobaLeaks documentation), and is a crucial point in an architectural design aimed to make Tor hidden service easily reachable for all internet users, even if they have not installed Tor.
Tor2web 3 is an Open Source software released under Free Affero GPL License based on Python Twisted, Debian Packaged, with a mid-to-long term goal to become a resilient Anonymous Content Delivery Network.
If you need to contact us privately to propose Tor2web specific projects, to involve us as Hermes Center, please do Contact Us Directly, we'd love to help you out!
Follow us on Twitter
For more general information, take a look reference site.
To support GlobaLeaks Project you can help us with donations that will goes entirely for the software development!
Help us by sending us a small donation!
The following sections represent Tor2web documentation:
- Features section provides a description of the features implemented;
- Research section documents the ongoing research;
- OpenData section documents the open data provided by Tor2web.
- Extra Features section describe "Tor Browser Download" and "TorCheck" Tor2web facilities;
- Setup Guide section provides setup guidelines;
- Software Development section documents Tor2web Software development;
- Infrastructure section describes our own development architecture;
- Contribute section describes how you can contribute to the Tor2web project.
Tor2web adopters need a Linux server.
- Technical Requirements to setup a Tor2web node;
- Installation Guide: How to install a Tor2web node;
- Configuration Guide: How to configure a Tor2web node;
- Maintenance Guide - How to maintain and keep running a Tor2web node;
- Advanced Configuration - Experimental Performance Tuning for Tor configuration.
A developer approaching to Tor2web, needs to be skilled in Python 2.7, having a good knowledge of web communication, Tor networking and Twisted framework.
- Code Structure is the page containing all the python files of the project, and explain their general function;
- Code styling guidelines: how to write python code aligned with our standards;
- Setting up development environment: short explanation of the prerequisite, how setup a test proxy;
- Technology selection: description, motivation and documentation behind the framework, languages and third party software used by Tor2web.
Tor2web do provide extra facilities such as:
- GetTor to download Tor Browser in an automatic way from a single url
- CheckTor to easily check from a third party site if you're on Tor or not with a simple JS script