This package contains a client library for the Globus Online Transfer API.
For detailed documentation of the Transfer API, see https://transfer.api.globusonline.org
If you downloaded the source from github, simply run:
python setup.py install
There is also a package on PyPI with the latest stable version; it can be
from globusonline.transfer import api_client api = api_client.TransferAPIClient(username="myusername", cert_file="/path/to/client/credential", key_file="/path/to/client/credential") status_code, status_message, data = api.task_list()
globusonline/transfer/api_client/examples directory for more complete
examples. If you installed from PyPI, this will be somewhere in your Python
python -c "from globusonline.transfer import api_client; print api_client.__path__"
One of the best ways to learn the library is to run an interactive interpreter with an instance of the client. The module provides a shortcut for doing this:
python -i -m globusonline.transfer.api_client.main USERNAME -p >>> status_code, status_message, data = api.task_list() >>> dir(api) # get a list of all available methods
replace USERNAME with your Globus Online username, and you will be prompted for your password. This form of authentication should not be used in production systems, but is useful for development and testing.
- Include CAs in the package; the
server_ca_fileparameter (and the -C command line arg) is no longer required.
delegate_proxyactivation implementation using a custom C program called
mkproxyinstead of M2Crypto. See
mkproxyis the preferred implementations, so if both the executable and M2Crypto are installed,
- Moved examples to package data, so they are included in the PyPI package.
- Add https proxy support, using the
HTTPS_PROXYenvironment variable. This has been tested in 2.6.6 and 2.7, and does not work in 2.6.1 (because the tunnel features was added in the middle of the 2.6.X cycle). Other versions > 2.6.1 may also work, but this has not been tested. Thanks to Brett Viren for this feature!
- If you have both your key and certificate in the same file, you don't have to pass it to both -c and -k when running the examples and interactive client. Just pass one of them, and it will assume the file contains both.
- Added some basic usage docs to
- Fix example.py breakage when printing GC endpoints.
- Import readline in main.py, for more convenient interactive testing.