GLPI stands for Gestionnaire Libre de Parc Informatique is a Free Asset and IT Management Software package, that provides ITIL Service Desk features, licenses tracking and software auditing.
- Inventory of computers, peripherals, network printers and any associated components through an interface, with inventory tools such as: FusionInventory or OCS Inventory
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- Item lifecycle management
- Licenses management (ITIL compliant)
- Management of warranty and financial information (purchase order, warranty and extension, damping)
- Management of contracts, contacts, documents related to inventory items
- Incidents, requests, problems and changes management
- Knowledge base and Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Asset reservation
Moreover, GLPI supports many plugins that provide additional features.
Check GLPI features by asking for a free personal demonstration on glpi-network.cloud
It is distributed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2 - please consult the file called COPYING for more details.
A web server (Apache, Nginx, IIS, etc.)
MariaDB >= 10.0 or MySQL >= 5.6
PHP 7.2 or higher
Mandatory PHP extensions:
- gd (picture generation)
Recommended PHP extensions (to enable optional features)
- exif (security enhancement on images validation)
- imap (mail collector and users authentication)
- ldap (users authentication)
- openssl (encrypted communication)
- sodium (performances enhancement on sensitive data encryption/decryption)
- zip and bz2 (installation of zip and bz2 packages from marketplace)
- Firefox (including 2 latest ESR versions)
Please, consider using browsers on editor's supported version
- releases for tarball packages.
- Official website
- Translations on transifex service
- Development documentation
- Plugin directory
- Plugin development documentation
GLPI is a living software. Improvements are continuously made, new functionalities are being developed, and issues are being fixed.
To ease support and development, we need your help when encountering issues. There is a GLPI version typical lifecycle:
- A new major version (9.3) is released.
- Minor versions (9.3.x), fixing bugs or issues, are published after several weeks. Please consider updating to the latest released minor version if you encounter some bugs or performance issues.
- Several months after major version released, a new major version (9.4) is released. Previous major versions become unsupported, please update to the new major version. Obviously, we provide support for the migration tools too!