An ergonomically customizable gaming keyboard/keypad project
This project essentially started because I wanted to make a portable gaming keyboard to play Starcraft II.
I was looking for a gaming keyboard feel for SC2, but my regular keyboard for day to day programming and such. I was not satisified with existing products so I decided to see if the barrier of entry for 3d printing, laser cutting, pcb fabrication, and hardware prototyping had lowered enough that I could jump into. My first prototype exceeded my expectations in what I could accomplish, especially with the 3D Cad and PCB design using online tools.
- Upverter used to design PCB
- OSHPark used to print the PCB
- BigBlueSaw used to cut acrylic
- Teensy3.0 used for interface to computer
- Arduino framework used compile/debug microcontroller
- Keypad library used for key press events