This is what it takes to create your own Vagrant box from the Debian netinstall ISO image:
make [32 | 64]
Dependencies: VirtualBox, cdrtools, vagrant
Note! Mac OS X Lion seems to have a broken libarchive, unable to unpack ISO files. Possible solution:
brew tap homebrew/dupes brew install homebrew/dupes/libarchive
- Bumped to 6.0.5
- 64- and 32-bit support
- Depend on bsdtar since GNU tar can't extract ISO
- Check against servers MD5 sum
- Made it easier to upgrade in future
- Makefile build system
- Major cleanup
- build a 32 bit Debian stable instead of Ubuntu.
- zero the image before exporting a package (requires a lot of disk space)
Forked Carl's repo, and it sort of worked out of the box. Tweaked office 12.04 release:
- Downloading 12.04 final release. (Today as of this writing)
- Checking MD5 to make sure it is the right version
- Added a few more checks for external dependencies, mkisofs
- Removed wget, and used curl to reduce dependencies
- Added more output to see what is going on
- Still designed to work on Mac OS X :) ... though it should work for Linux systems too (maybe w/ a bit of porting)
Carl's original README
Decided I wanted to learn how to make a vagrant base box.
Let's target Precise Pangolin since it should be releasing soon, I said.
Let's automate everything, I said.
Let's do it all on my macbook, I said.