Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
What's new in this version?
The list of official IVOA UCD1+ words has been updated. Now, the latest version (1.3, released on the 27th of May 2018) is fully integrated and supported.
Ucidy is now able to detect when a deprecated UCD word is used. In such case, it writes an explicit error message explaining the deprecated status of the word, and then, it suggests a UCD substring to replace it.
Release 1.0 of the Ucidy library.
This include the following features:
- Check whether each UCD word is:
- syntactically valid
- recognised (i.e. the word is among a list of well known UCD words)
- recommended by the IVOA
- Possibility to customise the list of known UCD words
- Validate a full UCD with
- a list of human readable errors
- an automatic correction suggestion (particularly for typo)
- a list of advice to improve the readability of the UCD
- Different ways to search UCD words
- exact match
- starting with
- closest match (take into account possible typo)
- Support namespace prefix
Except an interactive command line program, the only other way to use this
library is within another Java application. In a futur (sub-)version, it could
be possible to have:
- a Java servlet,
- a simple GUI to search UCD words and to help building UCDs.
The list of all UCD words are only the UCD1+ Controlled Vocabulary recommended
and validated by the IVOA ; there is no old UCD1 or a way to convert an old
UCD1 to a UCD1+.
This library has no dependency and requires Java 7 or newer. It is lightweight,
has a very simple API and does not require any Internet connection.
Usage, modifications and extensions of this library are under the conditions
of the LGPL-v3 license.