Gnip has built this internal app on top of its Search API product for demo purposes, in order to visually highlight the product's functionality and the type of interface that Gnip customers could build into their products to leverage the Search API for internal use or exposure to their clients. This is not an official, supported application. Please do not contact support with any requests regarding this project.
- Single, one-page Search UI.
- CoffeeScript and SASS source map debugging support.
- Ruby 2.0.x.
- Ruby on Rails 4.0.x.
- All major browsers + Internet Explorer 9+. Don't even try IE8, seriously, it's not pretty.
- You may need Python on your
PATHto install some dependencies
Open a terminal window and execute the following commands:
Current Version (stable)
git clone git://github.com/gnip/search-api-rails-demo.git cd search-api-rails-demo git checkout v1.0.0
Master Version (unstable)
git clone git://github.com/gnip/search-api-rails-demo.git cd search-api-rails-demo
Ensure the following environment variables are set:
- GNIP_ACCOUNT = Your Gnip account.
- GNIP_STREAM_NAME = Your Gnip stream name.
- GNIP_USERNAME = Your Gnip username.
- GNIP_PASSWORD = Your Gnip password.
- MAPBOX_API_KEY = Apply your API key within main.coffee. If you need a key, you can get one at mapbox.com.
To run, execute
bundle install and then
To test, do the following:
- Jasmine Tests:
NOTE: Guard will automatically run Cucumber, RSpec, and CoffeeScript (sorry, no auto-jasmine yet).
Read Semantic Versioning for details. Briefly, it means:
- Patch (x.y.Z) - Incremented for small, backwards compatible bug fixes.
- Minor (x.Y.z) - Incremented for new, backwards compatible public API enhancements and/or bug fixes.
- Major (X.y.z) - Incremented for any backwards incompatible public API changes.
Read CONTRIBUTING for details.
Copyright (c) 2013 Gnip. Read the LICENSE for details.
Read the CHANGELOG for details.