Orderly is a textual format for describing JSON. Orderly can be compiled into JSONSchema. It is designed to be easy to read and write.
This repository contains lots of different things:
- Documentation and a grammar for the textual schema language, orderly. (see
- A reference implementation of a parser than can cross compile between JSONSchema and Orderly
- The orderly-json.org website (see the
Many people have offered feedback and ideas which shaped this project. Those people include (in alphabetical order):
- Alexandre Morgaut
- David Grigsby
- Greg Olszewski
- Hatem Nassrat
- Steve Spencer
- Tatu Saloranta
- Toby Inkster
- Zach Carter
- (2009.10.02) "v-1" -- The idea for orderly was "first uttered":http://trickyco.de/2009/10/02/orderly-jsonschema
- (2009.10.05) "v0" -- "orderly-json.org":http://orderly-json.org was erected and a more fully baked proposal put together thanks to feedback.
- (2009.10.07) "v1" -- editorial review, small additions
- (2009.12.24) "v2" -- Major revisions. Complete reference implmeentation.
- (2009-2011) -- Fall behind the rapidly changing json schema standard
All the cruft you find here is covered under a BSD style license, even if it's not approprately marked. The act of forking this project on github is implicit permission to pull back your contributions and redistribute them under this same license.
Copyright 2009, Greg Olszewski and Lloyd Hilaiel. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. 3. Neither the name of Greg Olszewski and Lloyd Hilaiel nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.