|Info:||Simple FastCGI wrapper for CGI scripts|
|Author:||Grzegorz Nosek <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Contributors:||W-Mark Kubacki <email@example.com> Jordi Mallach <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
This software is released under the MIT license. See COPYING for details.
- very lightweight (84KB of private memory per instance)
- fixes broken CR/LF in headers
- handles environment in a sane way (CGI scripts get HTTP-related env. vars from FastCGI parameters and inherit all the others from
- no configuration, so you can run several sites off the same
- passes CGI stderr output to
fcgiwrap's stderr or FastCGI stderr stream
configure script is generated by GNU autotools. Therefore you need the latter.
pkg-config is needed, else you may get AC_DEFINE errors.
fcgiwrap links to dev-libs/fcgi which can be obtained from http://www.fastcgi.com/ .
fcgiwrap also uses (but not requires)
systemd for socket activation.
autoreconf -i ./configure make make install
fcgiwrap will be copied to
/usr/local/sbin/fcgiwrap if you did not set
--prefix for configure or
DESTDIR for the makefile.
Most probably you will want
fcgiwrap be launched by www-servers/spawn-fcgi. Or you could use the author's Perl launcher - see the homepage for that.
- There are two modes of
- when SCRIPT_FILENAME is set, its value is treated as the script name and executed directly.
- otherwise, DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME are concatenated and split back again into the script name and PATH_INFO. For example, given a DOCUMENT_ROOT of
/www/cgiand SCRIPT_NAME of
/www/cgi/subdir/example.cgiwith PATH_INFO of
example.cgiexists and is executable).