TotalFinder is a plugin for Apple's Finder.app which brings tabs, dual panels and more! This project gathers localizable resources.
You can tweak resource files and add your preferred language.
The idea is to install TotalFinder and then symlink its
Resources folder to the copy of this repository where you can edit it.
You should push your changes back to GitHub and I will then incorporate your work into next TotalFinder release.
You may want to read TotalFinder opened for localization blog post.
- Read something about git version control system. Here is the best place to start.
- Get familiar with GitHub. They have also nice docs.
- Create GitHub user and don't forget to setup your local git so your commits are linked to your GitHub account.
- See how others are working on TotalFinder localization.
- fork this project on GitHub
clone your fork (let's assume you have it in
- make sure you have installed latest TotalFinder version
cd ~/totalfinder-i18nand run
- edit files
- validate your changes with
rake validate(before first run execute
sudo gem install cmess colored mgto install supporting library)
./bin/restart.shto restart TotalFinder to reflect your changes
- commit if needed - you can
- goto 1
- push to github and send a pull request
- (optional) run
./bin/undev.shto return to unaltered TotalFinder state (this won't delete your files, it will just unlink sym-linked folder)
Please always use UTF-8. Other encodings will probably fail to load or you will see wrong characters. Run
rake validatetask to check your files.
I have created MYLANGUAGE.lproj and modified string files.
I've restarted the Finder.app, but I don't see my localization. What's wrong?
And do you see Finder.app in MYLANGUAGE?
First, double check you have MYLANGUAGE as top-most language in the
System Preferences > Language & Text > Languagelist.
Second, please note that TotalFinder is a plugin for Finder.app and it inherits preferred language from Finder.app. Finder.app does not pick MYLANGUAGE if
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/MYLANGUAGE.lprojdoes not exist. You may create empty folder by hand or you may fix this by running
sudo rake normalizetask, which will create missing folders in
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resourcesaccording to language folders available in TotalFinder's Resources.
Every contributor in http://github.com/binaryage/totalfinder-i18n/contributors will get a free TotalFinder license. Please note that you will appear there with delay and only if your commits are properly recognized as authored by your github's account. You have to setup your local git user properly.
To be clear. Please note that:
- I may not accept changes in your fork
- You are contributing your work under MIT license
- You may want to explore Network Graph to see if someone has been already working on your language