Version v8.2.1-1.1 20190102 is a new release of GNU MCU Eclipse ARM Embedded GCC (DEPRECATED).
The latest GNU binutils, also used in Arm Embedded GCC, have a problem when running on 32-bit machines, and
objdump fails to generate .hex files. The bug affects both Windows and GNU/Linux machines. 64-bit builds are not affected. The bug is documented as 1810274.
The current solution is to upgrade to 8.2.1-1.2; the workaround is to override
arm-none-eabi-objdump with an older binary.
The GDB binary supplied with this release has problems loading the symbols from applications compiled with
-flto, it will either crash with segmentation fault or throw an assert.
The bug reports:
- https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24145 (to the GDB maintainers)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+bug/1813553 (and to the Arm maintainers)
The current workaround is to use the GDB binary provided in the previous v7.x release.
$ xpm install --global @gnu-mcu-eclipse/arm-none-eabi-gcc
To install exactly this version, use:
$ xpm install --global @email@example.com
- GitHub gnu-mcu-eclipse/arm-none-eabi-gcc.git
- xPack @gnu-mcu-eclipse/arm-none-eabi-gcc
- individual file counters (grouped per release)