My First Web App in Rust
A state of Web Development in Rust, explained by building a simple web app in Rust with the help of AreWeWebYet.org.
Trying to implement the app outlined in this slide deck:
Last Attempt: July 27th 2016
Attempt to build the basic app using Nickel (version 0.8.1) and dependencies. Tagged as follows:
- nickel-stage-1: adding basic nickel server, hello world
- nickel-stage-2: adding actual route and handler, get-param-parsing
- nickel-stage-3: adding templating
- nickel-stage-4: adding logo (static file serving)
- nickel-stage-5: adding another index.html
- nickel-stage-6: adding Redis (database) support
Attempt to build the basic app using Iron (version 0.4.0) and dependencies. Tagged as follows:
- iron-stage-1: adding basic Iron server, Hello world
- iron-stage-2: adding actual route and handler
- iron-stage-3: adding templating (handlebars) and forms
Copyright (c) 2016 Benjamin Kampmann, Licensed under MIT, see LICENSE file in this directory.